Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dreams


I am prone to having very weird dreams. The image above this text is an example of what goes on in said dreams. It never makes sense. It's always in shadows, there's always minimal use of color, and, it's always sort of compiled awkwardly together. Are dreams meant to be hidden messages from our psyche? I am not well enough versed in Freud to support this argument, nor would I want to. I think that sometimes we just have dreams when we lack other creative outlets in our awake lives. All that pent up creative energy has to be let out somewhere. I do not have much more to say about this. I just felt like sharing. What do you think of dreams? 

1 comment:

  1. I think that dreams can sometimes be an outlet for our subconscious thoughts/feelings. Sometimes I find that I dream of random things that make no sense at all but other times my dreams seem like a day out of my life. I've had dreams where people I care about have died or have told me they hate me, but none of it was true when I woke up. Dreams are so interesting to consider, and yours seem very peculiar. Maybe it is all of that pent up creative energy and it doesn't know what to do with itself? :P

    ReplyDelete