Monday, February 10, 2014

Trash Talk

Now, I love my roommates, believe me when I say I do. They are probably some of the sweetest, most considerate, people I have ever lived with. They constantly do nice things or just be there for me when needed.


 
I am really lucky to have them. There is just one thing I really dislike that they do- they don't take out the trash.
Now, I understand not wanting to take out the trash. The trash is smelly and sometimes really heavy. It's worse when there is a hole in the bag and trash leaks out everywhere. Then you have to clean up everything and that is way more than you signed up for. I do not mind taking out the trash myself. What I do mind, is the fact that my roommates will spray perfume around the trash can instead of emptying it.
Why. What is the point of that.
The trash bag does not suddenly gain more space by masking the odor. It is not a black hole that absorbs everything in its path. It is finite, and every so often needs to be replaced.
 
So every week I have to explain to them how this does nothing. Yet they continue to do it.
Will I ever understand?
No. The answer is no I will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment